As our communities continue to battle through the coronavirus crisis, your Indiana YMCAs have been stepping up to provide help to those who need it most. Though all Indiana YMCAs have currently closed their doors to the public to follow the social distancing protocols during our nation’s virus outbreak, they continue to serve communities to the best of their ability. Below are just a few examples of the ways our Ys are demonstrating their social responsibility during this critical time.
- Food programs - providing meals to those who need it most (youth, seniors, etc) via drive-up and delivery
- Providing childcare for critical care workers
- Virtual fitness classes
- Virtual wellness calls with members - providing check-ins, combatting social isolation
- Employment and Budget Coaching
- Virtual story and craft time for childcare
- Working with local community partners to reinforce social distancing best practices/hygiene
- Support other nonprofits by providing YMCA staff to help them address the crisis
- Host Red Cross blood drives
Our Ys are anxious to see you again in person and are working on their reopening plans in coordination with their local and state officials. If you would like to learn more or support your local Y, please contact them directly, reach out to the Alliance at 317-715-2145, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.